What's New?

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Well. I've been a delinquent blogger. To make up for it, here's a rushed update that will likely become confusing and A.D.D-esque as I jump from topic to topic. Stay with me.

Mother's day was a couple of weekends ago. We sent Mama Huang flowers and took out Mama Gordon to dinner at Piatti's. It'd been a loooong time since we last went to Piatti's. The bread dipping sauce was amazing, the appetizers/salads tasty, and the entree just ok. I had lamb pasta which would have been good except it was too salty. Luckily dessert was delicious.


On the pregnancy front, things are going well. My stomach is getting bigger by the day and the baby has been kicking up a storm. Last week, I went to the doctor's and did my glucose test which luckily came back negative for gestational diabetes. Unfortunately, she did tell me that I'm becoming anemic and will need to start taking iron supplements. Bleck. I hear iron supplements are nasty. At least I can take this as an an excuse to eat steak whenever possible...preferably smothered in A1 sauce...mmm.

On the exercise front, I bought a maternity support belt to wear when I go jogging. I only had time to try it out once last week (ridiculously slow 3 mile run/walk) so verdict is still out, but I think it helped. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to run tomorrow so I'll have another update.


Yoga is still going strong. Of course I can no longer do much forward bending or deep twists but my back remains as flexible as ever (drop backs no problem). Surprisingly, I find the big belly helps balance me more in inversions such as handstand and forearm stand. I did go to a prenatal workshop this past Sunday at my studio. It was a bit long and we did more talking than yoga but it was nice to get together and chat with some other pregnant women. I can't say I'm interested in doing a prenatal class though since they seem very much geared towards beginners. So I'll continue sticking it out in my favorite classes and see how it goes.

On the work front, things have slowed down now that I got a major project out of the way. However, many little things still add up and before I know it, the day has passed without me feeling like I've done very much. I guess that's what it's like as you move up the management chain? Luckily I've been working on a side project outside of work which has been keeping me interested. I could tell you more about it...but then I'd have to kill you.

Last Friday, we caught up with our friends at The Red Door for a delicious meal. I've never been to this Mission Hills restaurant but it was quite cute and very tasty. We started with mussels (must preface by saying these were the fattest mussels I've ever had, apparently they're from Prince Edwards Island), shrimp creole, and corn soup. For entree, I had a truffle seafood risotto and Badge had catfish. For dessert, we had strawberry rhubarb cobbler. YUM. Can't wait to come back.

Over the weekend we watched Ip Man 2 on netflix. If you haven't seen Ip Man, watch it. It's awesome. The martial arts is kick ass. I have a minor Wu shu crush on Donnie Yen. The sequel wasn't as good as the original but it was still pretty entertaining.


Speaking of movies, who wants to see Thor??

*crickets*

moving on...

To wrap up, I'm super excited for the weekend. My mom and sis are arriving tomorrow for my baby shower on Sat. I'll be sure to document the event much better than I've documented anything in the past few weeks. Stay tuned!

Comments

1 Response to "What's New?"

Monkey said... May 17, 2011 at 9:09 PM

for a sec i thought that woman in the picture was you and i was like omg you're huuuge!!